India, at this point, is stepping forward to the inclusion of digitization in almost every aspect of work and other drives. Since then, the Government of India has launched several powerful and valuable campaigns and drives to improve the application of digitalization.
With the penetration of digital movement in many different aspects of work and life, services and information have become more accessible.
While digitalization is indeed helpful for the Government and reduces the work pressure on the respective employees, it also benefits the ordinary citizens of India. Everyone in India owns at least one mobile phone. So, even the people living in remote parts of the country now have reliable and easy access to important news and information.
One such drive initiated by the Andhra Pradesh Government to eliminate the issue of land rights registration and corruption is the launch of the “Meebhoomi” online portal. The AP government regulates this online portal and withholds every state’s land rights record efficiently. The state’s people can check land record details and property liabilities and assess their information of theirs.
So, here we have brought a detailed insight into what this “Meebhoomi” AP online portal holds. Without further ado, let’s dive right into it.
An overview of Meebhoomi AP:
Portal Name – Meebhoomi
Official website – https://meebhoomi.ap.gov.in/
Year launch – 2015
Initiated and regulated by – The Government of Andhra Pradesh (AP)
Objective – Digital records of the land right of the people in AP for better accessibility to information.
Services provided –
- 1Bland records AP
- Village landlords list
- Electronic passbooks
- Patta names
- Pattadar passbook statistics
- Land records link to Aadhaar card
- Meebhoomi Adangal Survey – crop records
- Survey number
- Field measurement book (FMB) AP
- Meebhoomi issue report and Mee Seva
What is Meebhoomi AP?
Meebhoomi is an online portal launched in 2015 by the Andhra Pradesh Government Revenue Department. It is the digitization of the land records and ownership details of the state’s people.
Through this portal, people of AP can check the land rights records and related ownership details. Over time, many other services were also offered via the website. This site is accessible in two languages – Telugu and English.
Currently, the Meebhoomi portal provides data to the AP users, including land records, crop details, tenancy, soil type, land possession, water source, area assessment, and property liabilities. Even Meebhoomi 1Bland records and Meebhoomi Adangal are accessible to the users.
Suppose you are a resident of AP and own land. Then, you can open a Meebhoomi account and access every detail of your land record. This includes 1B document, Adangal, Meebhoomi passbook, court complaint status, village maps, etc. This site is valuable and handy to landowners, tenants, buyers, and land sellers in the AP state. It also has a unique mobile application for convenience.
What is Meebhoomi Adangal?
Also known as Meebhoomi Pahani, Adangal is the state’s local term for detailed information about the land. The regional heads of villages maintain these land records every day in the village administration in AP. These records usually include land type, land area, liabilities, etc. Often, Meebhoomi Adangal is also identified as “Village Count Number 3.”
You can make good use of Meebhoomi Adangal during the purchase and sale of property and land as it holds all details about land or property.
The process to view Adangal in the Meebhoomi portal:
- Launch the Meebhoomi website and go to the “Adangal” section at the top menu.
- On the dropdown menu, click on “Village Adangal” or “Your Adangal.”
- Enter the necessary land details on the following “Village Count 3” window to get the Meebhoomi Adangal information. You must enter details like the district name, zone name, village name, survey number, and the correct code displayed.
Your Meebhoomi Adangal details will be shown based on your account number, Aadhaar number, survey number, and automation record.
What is Meebhoomi 1B?
Meebhoomi 1B is another term for “Records of Rights” or “RoR” in Andhra Pradesh. RoR documents hold land records excerpts that the state’s Department of Revenue maintains. Through the Meebhoomi portal, you can easily download the Meebhoomi 1B document.
The Meebhoomi 1B document is generally the property’s tahsildar record. You can use this document to obtain bank loans, seller details verifications and court proceedings.
The process to download Meebhoomi 1B records or documents:
- Launch the Meebhoomi site on your device and click on the “Meebhoomi RoR” option or the “1B” tab.
- On the 1B window, enter the necessary details.
What is Meebhoomi Passbook?
If you are a registered user of the Meebhoomi portal, you can check and download the Meebhoomi Passbook. The E-Passbook is the Pattadar Meebhoomi Passbook.
Salient features of the Meebhoomi portal
As a Government-run website for the people of AP, here are the valuable features of Meebhoomi AP:
- Provides land and property owners’ KYC details
- Includes a list of property owners and landlords of a village
- Provides land conversion details.
- Provides crop details.
- Provides AP 1Bland records information
- Area assessment and land survey
- Linking Aadhaar card with land records
- Provides information on the water source and soil type
- Holds tenancy details
- Provides Patta names and passbook
- Provides Patta passbook statistics
- Province details
If you are a registered user on the Meebhoomi portal, you can get access to several other data. This data includes Meebhoomi 1B, Meebhoomi Adangal, Meebhoomi E-passbook status, Meebhoomi passbook, Meebhoomi 22A, Meebhoomi RoR, and many other related documents.
Advantages of Meebhoomi
The various features of Meebhoomi offer significant benefits to its users:
- It is a one-stop land records digital portal with easy access to every feature and document.
- It is a digital platform accessible to every resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- It offers its users the option to file a complaint regarding the land records.
- Users have access to Field Management Book (FMB) or the Meebhoomi FMB and the village maps.
- It offers a dedicated SMS service that benefits the Pattadars and Office bearers with updated land records.
- The working process of the Mehbhoomi is transparent when it comes to land documents maintenance and certificates encumbrance.
How do install Meebhoomi App on a mobile phone?
The official website of Mehbhoomi is compatible with every device. It also has a mobile application for users’ convenience. You can download it from Apple Store and Google Play Store.
Here’s the process to get the Mehbhoomi app on your mobile phone:
- Go to the Apple Store or Google Play Store and search for the “Mehbhoomi” app.
- Choose the app and then click on the “Download” button.
- After its successful download, click on “Install.”
How is Meebhoomi 1B and Meebhoomi Adangal different?
Mehbhoomi 1B or Mehbhoomi RoR 1B: The Mehbhoomi 1B document is under the management of the village tahsildar. It typically holds information on the property or land seller. It is often used in court case proceedings, land disputes, and loans.
Mehbhoomi Adangal: The Mehbhoomi Adangal provides detailed information on land, including its type, nature, and size.
How to check the Meebhoomi Passbook status?
These are the steps to check the Mehbhoomi E-Passbook:
- Open the official Mehbhoomi portal and click on the “Passbook” section on the top menu.
- On the E-Passbook window, enter the necessary details and click on “Enter.”
Your E-Passbook on Mehbhoomi will be available based on your Aadhaar number or account number.
How to link Aadhaar to the Meebhoomi account?
The Mehbhoomi KYC verification of users is relatively simple. Here is how you can link your Aadhar to the Mehbhoomi account:
- Launch the official Mehbhoomi online portal and go to the “Aadhaar/Other Identities” section.
- Click on the option “Aadhaar Linking.”
- On the next page, provide all the land details and the Adhaar number.
- Your Mehbhoomi Aadhaar linking is now complete.
You can add or link other identity documents like voter ID and ration cards to the Mehbhoomi portal.
How to link the phone number to the Meebhoomi AP?
The process of linking a phone number to the Mehbhoomi AP land records is simple. These are the steps:
- Open the Mehbhoomi website and go to the “Aadhar/other identities” section.
- Click on the option of “mobile number linking based on identity document” from the menu.
- Enter the relevant details on the upload identity documents window.
- By clicking on the “Get Details” button, your Mehbhoomi phone number linking process is complete.
How to check Meebhoomi land conversion details?
The steps to check the Mehbhoomi land conversion details are as follows:
- Open the Mehbhoomi online portal and go to the “Land Conversion details” tab on the top menu.
- In the next window, enter the essential information and click on the “Submit” button.
It’s simple, right?
How to check the Court dispute status on Meebhoomi AP?
If you want to view or check your court dispute details regarding the land, here is the process:
- Visit the Mehbhoomi official website and click on the “Details of Court Disputes” section.
- You will see the list of district-wise court cases on the next screen.
- Select your court dispute case and download the file in pdf format.
The Mehbhoomi online portal is a perfect example of the digitization drive in India. It helps easy accessibility of land rights records to the AP residents. With its online portal and mobile application, users can access it anytime and anywhere. It is hassle-free land records management with adequate transparency of land information.