We know how annoying it is when we suddenly forget the passwords of our devices, right! There won’t be a single individual or phone user who hasn’t yet once forgotten their mobile phone’s password.
No matter the device or reason for lost/forgotten passwords, there is always a solution. Be it an Android phone, an iPhone, a laptop, Mac, or any device; you can always find ways to bypass the password security lock.
So, if you are facing issues unlocking your iPhone or iPad, here is a practical guide. If your iPhone face ID is not working or you forgot the password, find all the solutions here.
Now, even if you have not entirely forgotten the password to your iPhone, entering the wrong password would lock the device. That is the mechanism of iPhone security to prevent unwanted access to unauthorized users.
So, if you suddenly see that your iPhone is locked, do not worry. Rather than wondering how to unlock an iPhone without a password.
Here, we have discussed a few practical ways to unlock an iPhone without a password. They are:
- Unlock locked iPhone with Siri.
- Unlock locked iPhone with iCloud Find My iPhone.
- Unlock iPhone with iTunes – iTunes Recovery Mode and iTunes DFU Mode.
- Unlock your iPhone via Voice Control.
Unlock your locked iPhone with Siri
Yes, it is possible to unlock a locked iPhone with Siri. But, this method is applicable only for iOS devices between iOS 8.0 and iOS 13.0.
While other iPhone unlocking methods without passwords may require Apple ID or another computer, this method doesn’t. You can easily unlock your iPhone, in case of a forgotten password, with the help of Siri. Your iPhone data also stays safe and won’t be erased. Since no data is erased, you don’t have to restore your iPhone after unlocking it.
Also, Read – Top 10 iPhone Tips and Tricks
Follow the steps below to unlock your locked iPhone with Siri without a password:
- Long press your iPhone’s home button to activate Siri.
- Now ask Siri, “What time is it now?”. To that, Siri will show you your iPhone’s current time at its present location.
- When the clock symbol appears, tap on it.
- A World Clock menu will appear on the next screen with several small icons. On the right corner of the same screen, there will be a “+” sign. Tap on that sign.
- Now, you will see a search window on display. Enter any characters on it and tap on the “Choose All” button. That will select all the entered characters.
- Next, of all the options available on the screen, directly hit the “Share” button to get to the next step.
- Click on the Message App.
- When the Messages window appears, go to the “To” field and type in any characters. Then, hit the Return key.
After following all these steps, wait a while before clicking the Home button again. Voila! Your iPhone is now unlocked without entering a password.
Unlock locked iPhone with iCloud Find My iPhone.
Find My iPhone is a helpful solution to locate or track your iPhone if lost or misplaced. If necessary, you can also erase all the data from your iPhone remotely. To use this feature to unlock your locked iPhone, you must make sure that it is enabled on the said device. The device should have a network connection and an iCloud account signed in.
You don’t need a computer or passcode to access your iPhone with the iCloud Find My iPhone. So, here’s how the process goes:
First, take another iPhone device and install the iCloud Find My iPhone application.
- Sign in your Apple ID and password with the proper credentials.
- As you see the map, all the devices linked to the Apple ID will appear.
- Click on the device or your iPhone that is locked in.
- From the actions menu, select the option for “Erase iPhone.” That will entirely erase the data and settings on the locked iPhone device.
- After erasing the iPhone data, choose the Restore function from the iCloud Backup. For that, you need to sign in with your iCloud credentials.
After all the steps, you can unlock your iPhone without a password.
Unlock iPhone with iTunes – iTunes Recovery Mode and iTunes DFU Mode.
iTunes Restore is technically a method to remove all the data from iOS devices like iPhones and iPad. It also removes the password and lock screen set up. But that will only work if the device is synced with iTunes. Now, you can unlock your iPhone with iTunes if you forget the password. There are two techniques to do that.
- Unlock your locked iPhone via the iTunes Recovery Mode
- Unlock your locked iPhone via the DFU Mode.
Unlock locked iPhone via iTunes Recovery Mode.
Before you apply this solution to unlock your iPhone, you must know the following:
- Have the proper credentials of the required iPhone’s Apple ID and password.
- If necessary, iTunes can help keep a backup of the iPhone’s data and store it on a computer.
- This solution might erase all the iPhone’s data and settings with the passcode.
So, here are the steps to unlock your iPhone without a password via iTunes Recovery Mode:
- First, download and install iTunes on another device, say a computer.
- Connect your iPhone with the said computer and run the iTunes app.
- Now, boot up your iPhone in recovery mode by pressing the Power and Home buttons.
- As the iTunes prompt box appears, click on the “Restore” button.
- Wait until the iPhone data is entirely erased.
You can use your iPhone again and set up a new password and setting.
iTunes Fix 2 – Unlock locked iPhone via iTunes DFU Mode.
Before we proceed with this solution, there are things you should be aware of:
- You will need the iPhone’s Apple account, that is, Apple ID and password.
- This method will delete all the content and settings of the iPhone.
- The iTunes DFU Mode will install the newest iOS version on your iPhone.
So, here are the steps to unlock iPhone without a password via iTunes DFU Mode:
- Take another computer or device and launch iTunes on it.
- Now, put your locked iPhone in DFU Mode.
- Link your iPhone with the computer. Open iTunes and erase all the contents.
- If there is a backup, restore them once the iPhone is accessible.
Unlock your iPhone via Voice Control.
This method will work only if your iPhone is running on iOS 13.
Voice Control is a new feature that comes only with iOS 13 devices. This feature enables the users to access the device, say, iPhone or iPad, hands-free. You can set up alarms, launch apps, take screenshots, unlock your iPhone without typing the passcode, etc., with just a voice command.
Requirements to proceed with this method:
- Your iPhone must be running on iOS 13 or later with Voice Control feature enabled.
- The Face ID function must be disabled.
- The device should have a strong internet connection to set up the Voice Control feature.
So, these are the steps to unlock your iPhone without a password via the Apple Voice Control:
- Open the Settings of your iPhone and go to the Accessibility tab.
- Locate the Voice Control option.
- If the Voice Control feature is set up for the first time, you must download a setup file.
- After downloading the file, tap on the “Customize Commands” > Custom > Create New Command.
- Enter a new command to unlock your locked iPhone, such as “Unlock my iPhone.”
- Next, hit the “Action” button > select the “Run Custom Gesture” > click on the “Hide Controls.”
- It might also help to set up an unlocking gesture for your iPhone. Simply swipe up the screen and input new passcode digits. Then, save it.
- Next, disable the Face ID.
- Give a voice command to see if the Voice Control feature is activated correctly.
Besides the solutions above, there are also some third-party tools and applications that you can use to unlock your iPhone without a password. These solutions will work on most iOS versions of your iPhone. We hope you find these methods to open a locked iPhone useful.