Many people are looking for iPhones but need clarification about the best phone for them. This blog will look at the iPhone 14 and the iPhone 14 pro max features.
It’s no secret that the iPhone has become one of the most popular smartphone devices. The iPhone 14 is the most affordable and offers a standard camera, while the iPhone 14 pro max offers a telephoto camera. The latter model also comes with a better processor, which helps to deliver a smoother user experience.
The iPhone 14 is Apple’s most advanced and powerful phone ever created. It has a 6.1-inch. The iPhone 14 pro max edge-to-edge display, a wireless charging case, and a dual camera are perfect for those looking for a premium smartphone with all the latest features.
Hence, without further ado, let’s dive right into the numerous updated features these two iPhones bring to their users.
iPhone 14 model
Pricing for the iPhone 14 starts at $799 with 128 GB of storage, and the iPhone 14 Plus starts at $899 with 128 GB of storage. Additional storage is available at a higher price.
iPhone 14 Pro max
The iPhone 14 Pro Max prices start at $1,099 with 128GB of storage. Additional storage is available at a higher price.
Even with the same screen size variants, there are some noticeable differences in size and design between the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro Max. In addition, there are differences in materials, weight, etc., used for each model.
|Feature||iPhone 14||iPhone 14 Pro Max|
|Size||6.1 inches||6.7 inches|
|PPI||460 PPI||460 PPI|
|Resolution||2532×1170 pixels||2796×1290 pixels|
|Typical brightness||800 nits max||1000 nits max|
|Outdoor brightness||800 nits max||2000 nits max|
|HDR brightness||1200 nits max||1600 nits max|
|True Tone and Haptic Touch||Yes||yes|
- The iPhone 14 is the same as the iPhone 13, with a flat design with square edges. Apple’s iPhone 14 is 6.1 inches, and the big-screen iPhone 14 Pro Max is 6.7 inches. The iPhone 14 model has a full glass front with top-notch and displays the TrueDepth camera, speakers, and microphones, and Apple has kept the notch on its more affordable devices.
- The iPhone 14 is 5.78 inches high, 2.82 inches wide, 0.31 inches deep, and weighs 6.07 ounces (172 grams).
- The iPhone 14 model is available in five different colors – the standard Product is Red, Purple, Blue, starlight, and Midnight.
- iPhone 14 models are rated IP68 for dust and water resistance and can withstand depths of up to 6 meters (19.7 feet) for up to 30 minutes. The IP68 rating indicates the capacity to withstand rain, splashes, and accidental contact with water. But in any event, Apple’s standard warranty does not cover liquid damage.
iPhone 14 Pro Max
- The iPhone 14 Pro model has the same flat design with square edges. The chassis is full glass front and textured frosted back, surrounding a surgical-grade stainless steel frame.
- Apple ditched the notch on his iPhone 14 Pro model and shipped it with Dynamic Island instead.
- Dynamic Island consists of a round cutout and a circular cutout, both of which house his TrueDepth camera system. Apple combines a pill-shaped cutout and a circular cutout into a large pill that’s 30% smaller than the notch. There are antenna bands as well as Lightning connectors for charging. A durable ceramic shield display protects the front of the device. With a triple-lens camera setup, you can feel the camera bump.
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max is 6.33 inches high, 3.05 inches wide, 0.31 inches thick, and weighs 8.47 ounces (240 grams).
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max comes in four stunning shades of silver, gold, space black, and deep purple.
- iPhone 14 Pro Max is also rated IP68 for dust and water resistance and can withstand depths of up to 6 meters (19.7 feet) for up to 30 minutes.
- The iPhone 14 model has the A15 chip. The A15 features a 6-core CPU with 2 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores, and a 5-core GPU.
- The A15 chip’s 16-core Neural Engine can perform up to 15.8 trillion operations per second, supporting features such as Cinema Mode and Smart HDR 4.
- The iPhone 14 model comes with 6GB of RAM.
- The iPhone 14 models start with 128 GB of storage and can be expanded up to 512 GB.
- The aluminum edges and glossy glass finish are stunning.
iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Apple has developed the A16 Bionic chip for the iPhone 14 Pro models, the first chip based on the new 4-nanometer process. It contains 2 high-performance and 4 high-efficiency cores, with an accelerated 5-core GPU with 50% more memory bandwidth.
- A16 has an upgraded 16-core neural engine capable of approximately 17 trillion operations per second.
- The iPhone 14 Pro Max comes with 6GB of RAM and faster LPDDR5 memory for better performance.
- The cheapest iPhone 14 Pro Max version starts at 128GB storage but is expandable up to 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB.
- The iPhone 14 has a 3,279 mAh battery. Its battery life offers around 80 hours of audio playback, 20 hours of video playback, and 16 hours of video playback.
- It is capable of fast charging up to 50% in 30-35 minutes with a 20W or higher power adapter.
iPhone 14 Pro Max
- The battery capacity of the iPhone 14 Pro Max is 4,232 mAh. It offers up to 29 hours video playback, 25 hours streaming video, and 95 hours audio playback.
- It is capable of fast charging at 50% in 30 minutes via a 20W or higher power adapter.
- iPhone 14 models continue to use Face ID with a display notch for TrueDepth camera hardware. These models feature an updated 12-megapixel front-facing camera with an f/1.9 aperture for improved selfies and FaceTime video calls with autofocus capabilities.
- It has a dual-lens camera, offering a 12-mp wide-angle lens and a 12-mp ultra-wide-angle lens.
- The new iPhone 14 software features the Photogenic Engine built on Deep Fusion to deliver more detailed images in the imaging process, preserve subtle textures and enhance colors in your photos.
- It offers 4K video recording at several fps, including 24, 25, 30, or 60 fps. It also supports HDR capture, ProRes, slow-motion, and timelapse videos.
iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro Max features a new front-facing TrueDepth camera with f/1.9 aperture for better low-light performance for selfies and videos. It also supports autofocus for faster focusing in low light and capturing group selfies from a distance.
- It features an upgraded 48MP wide-angle lens, uses 2nd generation sensor shift optical image stabilization, and has a quad-pixel sensor. A quad-pixel sensor enables a new 2x telephoto option that uses the central 12 megapixels of the sensor to capture full-resolution photos without digital zoom.
- The New 12-mp ultra-wide-angle lens features larger 1.4 u00b5m pixels, 13 mm focal length, f/2.2 aperture, and 120-degree field of view for more precise, sharper images and macro photo details.
- The upgraded telephoto lens offers 3x optical zoom with a focal length of 77mm and supports f/2.8 aperture and optical image stabilization.
- The video recording aspects are the same as that of the iPhone 14 model.
The iPhone 14 and Pro Mac have a Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 modem that supports 5G connectivity. You can connect your iPhone 14 models to his mmWave and sub-6GHz networks in the US. If you’re on a 5G network, you’re using sub-6 GHz 5G for the most part, as it is usually faster than LTE, especially when using the mid-band spectrum.
The iPhone 14 and Pro Max model has a high dynamic range gyroscope and dual-core accelerometer that can detect G-force readings up to 256G, combined with other iPhone sensors like a barometer, to detect what is triggered by deployed airbags. It can detect changes in cabin pressure, and the hardware enables crash detection. The iPhone’s GPS can detect speed changes, and the microphone can detect loud noises associated with serious car crashes and automatically call 911 if occupants are seriously injured or can’t access their iPhones.
Emergency SOS Satellite Connectivity
All iPhone 14 series can connect to satellites in emergencies when cellular or Wi-Fi connectivity is unavailable. Satellite Emergency SOS provides a series of essential questions to answer upon activation. These questions are intended to give the rescuers the necessary details quickly. It is primarily designed to allow users to contact emergency services in an emergency, but it can also be used to update Find My locations.
We hope you enjoyed our blog post on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 pro max features. Apple has been in the mobile phone game for a long time, so it makes sense that they would release a new phone. If you are wondering how to decide which to get, we hope our blog post can help you. Our blog post also provides much information on iPhone 14 pro max features.