Apple’s earbuds’ flagship AirPods Pro is a top notch wireless earbuds you can have and they have added a new inventory with the AirPods 3. With great sound effects, superior ANC and a minimalistic design, the AirPods Pro set the bar really high for premium wireless earbuds. But even superior quality headphones sometimes face hiccups, and many times your AirPods might get a little buggy if you are constantly using them for a long while. So it is better knowing how to reset your AirPods is a good trick to learn and give up in your itinerary.
All AirPods and AirPods Pro have a reset function that restores the ear buds to their factory settings. Or if your AirPods are working and you need to share it with your friends, family or relatives or to someone or sell them before trading up with the AirPods 3, it is always better to know how to reset them. It’s a very simple and straightforward process which will not take more than a few minutes to learn.
How to reset AirPods or AirPods Pro
- Put the AirPods in the charging case, and close the lid.
- you must wait for at least 30 seconds before opening the AirPods.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the blue i icon next to your AirPods name.
- Touch Forget This Device, and confirm it to completely reset.
- When the lid is open, press and hold the reset button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds to reset it fully, or until the status light flashes amber, then white.
If the phone you are using is an Android phone, the first two steps are common for both iOS and Android, then:
- Go to Settings,hover to Connected Devices, then press the icon next to your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
- Now, touch Forgetand then Forget deviceto confirm the reset.
Once you are done with the process of resetting your AirPods, the ear buds will no longer be able to automatically recognize devices linked to your iCloud account and cannot connect automatically. Opening an AirPods case near an iOS device will automatically detect the new device and will start the setup process as if you were using it for the very first time.