Android device users often confront plenty of errors while they attempt to add an account on their Android device. And “Couldn’t establish a secure connection” is one of the most frequently occurring errors. Generally, this error appears while visiting a website on your device.
Therefore, if you’re currently facing the same error, then it is really essential to determine the troubleshooting hacks to resolve this error within a short time period.
Simple & Straightforward Hacks to Fix the ‘Couldn’t Establish A Secure Connection’ Error
There are a number of approaches to get rid of this error. Well, you can perform the undermentioned troubleshooting easy to get rid of this error:
Approach 1: Ensure that the Website is Working
Before you conduct any kind of complicated solution, you need to be sure that you’re not confronting this problem due to a website error. So, the most convenient approach to do this is by verifying the website.
Initially, You need to check if the website you’re attempting to invoke is NOT down. Keep in mind, if the website has some internal issues, then confronting such kinds of issues is not a big deal. Thus, make sure to check it from another android device.
On the other hand, if you’re trying from a PC, then you need to confirm that you’ve not set the website to invoke in the mobile version. And, in the case you find that there are no issues on the website, then simply move on to the other troubleshooting hacks mentioned in the below section.
Approach 2: Quit the Browser Application Forcefully
At times, you may confront the error notification “Couldn’t establish a secure connection” because of a temporary bug or internal glitch on your browser application. Therefore, first, you need to conduct a quick restart of the browser application in order to verify if it can support you to resolve this error.
And if it does not help, directly navigate to the location where you’ve stored all the applications of your android device. And when the list of applications comes up, try to search for the Chrome application by scrolling down the list.
When you get that, simply choose the ‘X’ to close the browser application forcefully. Furthermore, invoke the browser application again & verify if you’re able to load the website without facing any kind of further problems.
Approach 3: Clear Cache Partition
As we all are aware of the fact that android devices utilize a set of temporary files that are generally known as a cache. So, it supports the device to load the application promptly. However, if you find that the cache of your smart device gets corrupted, outdated, or buggy, it might trigger this issue.
To ensure that there are no issues with the cache of the system, you need to remove the cache partition of the system. And by performing this, you can eradicate the current cache & force the device to make another new cache partition.
Wondering How to Clear the Cache partition?
Follow the under mentioned instructions to clear the cache partition!
- The very first thing you need to do is turn your device Off. Afterward, just the key named Volume Up & the Bixby key simultaneously.
- Next, hold the Power key for a while. When the Android logo comes up on the screen, simply release all the keys.
Note: Before displaying the Android logo, you might find that the ‘Install system update’ notification comes up on the screen for at least 30 to 40 seconds.
- Afterward, hit the Volume down key and make sure to hold it for at least seconds unless you will find the ‘Wipe cache partition option. Next, hit the Power button to choose this option.
- Thereafter, you need to press the Volume down key unless you get the Yes option chosen. Next, press the Power button again.
- When you remove the cache partition of the device, you will find that the ‘Reboot system now is chosen.
- Last but not least, reboot the device by rebooting the smartphone.
After removing the cache partition, if you find that the error still shows up on the display screen, then you can go to another method stated in the below section.
Approach 4: Erase the Cache of the Browser Application
At times, performance issues or unexplained errors may appear due to the corrupted or problematic cache of the browser application. Therefore, you need to save the cache files of the browser in order to get rid of this problem. And here’s how to perform this instruction:
- In the initial stage, you need to head to the Settings application. Afterward, choose the option named Apps.
- Thereafter, head over to the ‘More Settings’ that are located on the upper right side of the screen.
- After that, select the option named ‘Show system app’ to invoke the list of apps that are already downloaded on the device.
- Then, make sure to search for the Browser application by just scrolling down the list of applications. And when you get that, simply click on it.
- Next, try to locate and select the Storage button. Afterward, choose the ‘Clear cache’ option from the appeared menu
- Lastly, reboot the system to verify if the problem gets resolved. And if not, go to the next approach
Approach 5: Try to Reset Browser to Default (Clear Data)
Well, if you find that the “Couldn’t establish a secure connection” error still appears at this point, then feel free to reset the browser to its default settings and check if it helps to resolve the error. Actually, by resetting the browser, you will be able to go back to the factory state of the settings effectively.
And here are the instructions that you need to perform for resetting the browser:
- Initially, make sure that you perform Steps 1 to 4 from the previous solution.
- When you are done with these instructions, directly, head over to the Storage section. Once you are in the storage section, locate and choose the ‘Clear Data’ option.
- When done, simply reboot the device & verify whether the error has been fixed or not.
Approach 6: Reset Network Settings
If there are any sorts of network configuration issues, then such kind of error might appear. And to solve this issue, you can reset the network settings & connections to fix this error.
But, before you apply the undermentioned instructions, then you need to note down the following that may appear while resetting the android device.
- Well, if the Wi-Fi network is saved on your device, it will be removed.
- The Bluetooth devices that are paired with your device will be eradicated.
- The network selection will be set to automatic.
- Data restrictive settings of the applications that were disabled or enabled manually by the users will be reset to the default settings.
- And this will turn on all the background data sync settings.
How to Reset the Network Connections?
In order to reset the network connections, you have to follow the undermentioned steps:
- Initially, make sure to swipe up on an empty space to invoke the Apps tray of the system.
- Make sure to invoke the Settings & then head over to the ‘General Management’ tab.
- Afterward, choose the Reset option & then hit the ‘Reset network settings button.
- Furthermore, select the ‘RESET SETTINGS’ button from the menu.
- Afterward, if you desire to set a new PIN, then you have to enter it in the particular field.
- And finally, choose the ‘RESET SETTINGS’ button to begin the resetting method.
- And when it is completed, you will find a confirmation message that comes up on the screen.
Additional Solution: Use Youtube as a Unique Hack
If you find that all the above-mentioned approaches fail to fix this error, then you can take it as your last resort. In order to perform this, you have to take a glance at the undermentioned instructions mentioned below:
- Initially, invoke the YouTube application & then hit the Menu button.
- Then, choose the ‘My Account’ option & then hit the ‘Add Account’ option from the appeared menu
- Afterward, take the details on the account that you’re confronting any issue with while adding it.
- Hit the Home button in order to go to the Home screen.
- Furthermore, choose the Menu option & invoke the Settings.
- Afterward, go to the ‘Accounts & Sync’ button.
- Finally, select a new account & set the sync settings as you desire.
Hopefully, the error is eradicated as expected. To find more, you can let us know in the comet section below. We would be happy to help you out!