There are many differences between a MacBook and a PC. A PC is more affordable, and for that reason, it is more popular. The price of a PC varies depending on the components, but it varies for a MacBook. A PC always has a large hard drive and memory, while Apple computers are more expensive but lighter and easier to carry around.
The MacBook is not just a laptop but also an ultra-portable and power-efficient computer. If you are using a MacBook for the first time, you might need clarification about how to use it. This article is for all the Mac newbies who need clarification about how to use their Macbooks.
How to use your Macbook for the first time.
The first time you use your Macbook, it may be a little complicated. The process is simple, but the steps may seem a little complex because of their unfamiliarity.
Also, Read This – Learn more about the features of your MacBook.
The first step is to install the Mac OS software onto your Macbook. This can be done by inserting the Mac OS software disc into your computer and following the on-screen instructions. After that, you need to go through the initial configuration process. Once done, you can use your Macbook for the first time.
How to use the MacBook trackpad.
After your first use of a Macbook, you may feel that using the trackpad is tricky and complicated. However, it is easy if you know how to use it. You can scroll using two fingers, and you can also use it to zoom in or out. You can also use one finger to select the text or tap the screen with two fingers to click.
Macbook keyboard shortcuts.
Macbooks have a lot of shortcuts that can be used when typing. You can use these to save time and increase productivity. The simplest way is to hold down the Command key and the Space bar together, then you will see a list of all the shortcuts. This is an excellent way for those who want to memorize only some.
How to install applications on Macbook.
After using your Macbook for some time, you should install more applications. Here are the two ways to do so.
- The first way is to purchase an application from the Mac App Store and install it on your computer. You can go the wireless way with an iPhone or an iPad.
- The other way is to download the application on your Macbook and install it. Not all applications you download can be installed on your Macbook.
How to delete an application on MacBook.
If you don’t want the applications installed, you can delete them. To do this, click on the Applications folder and then move your mouse over the application you want to delete. Click the X icon at the top left corner of the application and then click the remove button to complete your action.
How to access the Macbook library.
The library stores all information, documents, music, and applications that you have automatically downloaded. The library is usually open when you log in to your Macbook. You can also find it by clicking on the Windows icon at the top right corner of your screen.
How to navigate the Macbook Library.
There are two ways to navigate your Macbook library.
- The first way is to click on the left side of the screen to open and close folders.
- The second way is to click on the right side of the screen to open and close the list of items.
For example, if you want to open a folder, you click on the left side of the screen and then select the folder you want. If you’re going to open a file, you click on the screen’s right side and select the file you want.
How to view files in your Macbook library.
If you see a picture, an application, or a document, it will be displayed in full view when opening it. All applications installed are automatically stored in the “Applications” folder. You can also find some applications by clicking on the “App Store” icon.
How to take care of your MacBook
Your Macbook is your computer. It will help if you maintain it adequately. Here are some tips that will help you to keep your Macbook working correctly for a long time.
- Avoid direct sunlight. The heat generated by your MacBook can damage the casing, the battery, and the hard drive.
- Keep your Macbook away from dust and dirt. Particles of dust can get inside your Macbook when you use it. They can damage your MacBook’s components (screen, keyboard).
- Never spill liquid on your Macbook. The fluid can get into your MacBook’s keyboard and damage it.
- Avoid shocks or bumps when handling your Macbook. You want to avoid damaging the screen or the keyboard.
- teltStore your Macbook in a dry place when not using it for a long time. The more it is exposed to the air, the more it is exposed to dust.
- It’s essential to charge your Macbook regularly. If you use your Macbook a lot, you can use the charger instead of an outlet. If you use your Macbook for a long time without being plugged in, we suggest you use the charger. The battery will not be damaged if you do not use it.
- Clean your Macbook. To clean your Macbook, you can use a soft cloth and a neutral detergent.
- Replace the batteries. If your Macbook is not used very often and you do not use your computer while it is plugged in, you should replace its battery every three months. You can order new batteries on Apple’s website or at an Apple store.
- Use your Macbook on a flat surface. The bottom part of your Macbook heats up and becomes warm when it is on. If you use your Macbook on a soft surface, such as a bed or a blanket, the bottom will not be able to cool off. This could damage the computer.
- Keep your Macbook out of the sun. The sun can damage your screen and battery.
- Keep your Macbook out of children’s reach. Children may press keys and make unwanted changes to the settings of their Mac.
- Put on an Apple case if you drop your Macbook often. If you drop your Macbook often, you should use an Apple case. This will protect your computer.
Before you use your Macbook for the first time, you need to connect it to the Internet and update its system. After you have done this, you can start using your computer.