With the extreme Covid-19 pandemic recently crossing the edge, the world is still yet to eliminate the crisis. During this time of pandemic crisis, possible vaccination came to force on a large scale worldwide.
The situation is the same in India. To curb the expanding Covid-19 victims and its expansion, the Government of India has initiated the largest vaccination drive ever. Initially, there was a two-phase vaccination for every person past 18 years. But in the current scenario, the Government has suggested providing booster vaccines.
Starting when the Covid-19 vaccine was launched, millions of people in India have been vaccinated. And many are still getting vaccinated to this date. Recently, the Indian Government, after much research, decided to roll out these vaccines for the younger population as well.
The Covid-19 vaccines India provides are generally of two types – Covaxin and Covishield. Two doses must be completed within the specified period, Whichever vaccine you get. While both are as effective, the vaccination gap for the Covaxin 2nd dose is much shorter than the other.
Now, looking at the Covid-19 scenario, getting vaccinations is very crucial. That is why, when you get vaccinated, you will receive a vaccine certificate from the Government. For the people, this certificate is proof that you have been vaccinated. You get some leniency with the Covid-19 restrictions mandated by the law.
For the Government of India, the vaccine certificates are a means to track how many people are vaccinated. At that point, vaccine certificates served as a passport if you went anywhere outside of your station. It indicates that you are less likely to contract the disease if you contact others.
You can get this vaccine certificate on the registered phone number you have provided. Or, download the Covid 19 vaccine certificate via the official government portal, cowin.gov.in. For any reason, if that does not work, there are other sources that you can try. Therefore, in the context of the Covid Vaccine certificate download, here you can find multiple processes to download it. But before we get into getting it, it is essential to know a bit more about the vaccine certificate.
What is a Cowin Vaccine Certificate?
In simple words, a Covid vaccine certificate or Cowin vaccine certificate is proof that guarantees a person’s status of Covid-19 vaccine receipt. The Government of India issues it. If the pandemic regulations exist, people have to carry this vaccine certificate. It will help with medical care, travel allowance, etc. If you have received only the 1st dose, the certificate has the information about the next vaccine due date.
Following the necessary processes from the relevant source, you can download the vaccine certificate. But, the vaccination center itself is responsible for providing the certificate to you to post your vaccination on the same day. If they do not give the certificate willingly, do ask for it.
The Government of India generally provides these vaccines and vaccination certificates to the people free of cost through registered vaccination centers. However, the situation is different for getting vaccines from private hospitals. You have to pay for the vaccine plus the service charge for the printed copy of the vaccine certificate.
Vaccine Certificate download by mobile/ by Aadhaar number
Undoubtedly, the extreme Covid 19 crisis has gone down by a significant margin. But, it is still wise to still use face masks and hand sanitizers for hygiene purposes. You got your vaccine done and are awaiting a printed copy of the vaccine certificate. If the vaccination center is delaying the process, you can ask them. Or, you can download the certificate in pdf format in various ways.
Whether you got the 1st dose or 2nd dose of the vaccine, you receive a vaccination certificate. These certificates are available for download in different sources, including Cowin online portal, DigiLocker app, Aarogya Setu app, WhatsApp, Pristyn Care app, and other official government portals. Whichever source you open, the vaccine certificate download is almost the same.
You will receive the Cowin vaccine certificate in printable form. The process to download the Covid vaccine certificate are as follows:
- Open the online portal or source on your device.
- Input your registered mobile number or Aadhar number, and press “OK.”
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- That will show your Vaccination status and the vaccination certificate in pdf format.
- To download the certificate, simply click on the “Download” button.
You have now received the provisional Covid vaccine certificate on your mobile device.
Vaccine Certificate download via the Cowin online portal.
Cowin.gov.in is a government-run online portal where you can book appointments for vaccination, receive your vaccine certificate, and get updated Covid-19 related news. The steps to download a vaccine certificate from this online portal are as below:
- Launch the Cowin online portal on your device and register your name via the mobile number or Aadhar number.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP on the portal for verification.
- On the next screen page, you can view your vaccine status, the due date for the next dose, the vaccine certificate, etc.
- If you have gotten both vaccine doses, you will see different certificates. You can download these certificates separately or get the consolidated vaccine certificate.
- Once you download the certificate on your device, you can take a printout of it.
Vaccine Certificate download via the Aarogya Setu app.
Aarogya Setu app is a very useful app introduced by the Government of India. You can track your whereabouts and Covid cases near you. You can also book vaccine appointments and download the vaccine certificate as well.
Here is how you download the Covid vaccine certificate on the Aarogya Setu app:
- First, install the Aarogya Setu app on your mobile device. It is available on Google Play Store and Apple Store.
- Now, log in to the app through your registered mobile number.
- Go to the “Cowin” tab and select the “Vaccine Certificate” option.
- Input your beneficial reference ID (13-digit) and click on the “Get Certificate” option.
- You will now see two options – the “Download PDF” and the OR code for the vaccine certificate.
- Use any of these to download your vaccine certificate on your mobile device.
Vaccine Certificate download via the DigiLocker app.
DigiLocker is a very convenient app that holds the record of all the certificates and documents under your name. Follow these to download the Covid vaccine certificate from the DigiLocker app:
- Download the app on your mobile device from Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- First, register your name with the DigiLocker app.
- Once the user registration is complete, go to the “Central Govt” tab and choose the “Ministry of Family Health & Welfare (MoFHW)” option.
- Click on the “Vaccine Certificate” under the “Vaccine Certified” option.
- Enter your 13-digit beneficiary reference ID of yours, agree to the T&Cs and click on the “Get document” button.
- You can now view your vaccine certificate.
This vaccine certificate is available for download in various formats, including PDF, JSON, or XML format.
Vaccine Certificate download via the UMANG app.
The steps to download your vaccine certificate via the UMANG app are as follows:
- Install the UMANG app on your mobile device from the Apple Store or Google Play store.
- Register yourself to the app and go to the “What’s New” section.
- Select the “Cowin” option and click on the “Download vaccine certificate” option.
- Now, input your registered mobile number and enter the OTP received for verification.
- Your vaccine certificate is currently on display on the app.
- To get a copy of the file, click on the “Download” button.
Vaccine certificate download via the Pristyn Care app or online portal.
The process to download your Cowin vaccine certificate via the Pristyn Care online portal is as follows:
- Open the official Cowin page on the Pristyn Care online portal.
- Enter your registered mobile nu, ber and hit the “Submit” button.
- Now, enter the provided OTP for verification purposes.
- That will display your vaccine certificate. To save a copy of it, click on the “Download” option.
The process to download your Cowin vaccine certificate via the Pristyn Care app is as follows:
- First, download the said application on your mobile device. You can get it on Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Open the app and sign in with your mobile number.
- Click on the “Cowin Certificate” option.
- On the next page, input the registered mobile number and verify it.
- Once you see your vaccination details, click on either the “View/Download” option.
Vaccine Certificate download via WhatsApp.
WhatsApp might be the simplest way to download your vaccine certificate. So, here is the process to do.
- First, save this mobile number on your phone – +91 9013151515.
- Now, open your WhatsApp and send a message to the number by typing “Covid Certificate.”
- Then, you will receive an OTP on the register number.
- You will receive the Cowin vaccine certificate file after the OTP verification.
You can now download your certificate.
Therefore, these are the various sources or methods to download the Cowin Vaccine certificate using your mobile number safely.